No menu items!

How Can I Get the Accident Report For My Injury Case in Mississippi?


If you are hurt at work in Mississippi, the employer will usually file a first report of injury with the Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Commission. That accident report can be obtained from the Mississippi Workers Compensation Commission website. Experienced Mississippi workers compensation lawyers have the ability to get these online pretty quickly.

If you were hurt in a private business and not on the job, it will be up to the business whether they want to make a report. If they do, it will be private. They can turn it over if they want, but many times they refuse. The only way to get it if they refuse is to file a lawsuit and request a copy of the accident report in the lawsuit. They will have to provide the report as part of the lawsuit.

If you were hurt in a car accident, a public law enforcement agency may have taken the accident report. The report can usually be requested from the agency for a small fee without much legal hassle. But sometimes a lawyer may have to seek the report under the Mississippi Open Records Act or through some subpoena or litigation process.

Rogen K. Chhabra

If you or a loved one have been injured, the report documenting what happened will be an important part of your case. You should seek legal advice from an experienced Mississippi personal injury attorney sooner rather than later. There are time deadlines. Memories begin to fail. The sooner you act, the more likely it is that you will get a maximum recovery. Call Chhabra & Gibbs, P.A. at 601-948-8005 or reach us by live chat on our website for a free no obligation consultation. Our team of Mississippi personal injury attorneys have handled thousands of injury cases over the years, and we are ready to fight for you today.

Share this article

Recent posts

Popular categories