Picture this, you’re riding your bicycle on a peaceful afternoon through your neighborhood and then BAM, something knocks you to the ground. As you come to you are confused and in pain but realize what has just happened, you were hit by a car. Then you start to wonder what to do after being hit by a car on your bicycle.
While you may think this could never happen to you and you might be right, but there are over 130,000 people injured in bicycle crashes every year. Of those 130,000 that crash, there are 1,000 people that die every year from injuries sustained in a bicycle crash.
- Wear proper protection such as a helmet
- Dress Appropriately with close toed shoes, tight fit clothing, and light or colorful reflective clothes.
- Check your bicycle for proper function
- Watch your speed
- Don’t wear headphones
- Avoid high traffic areas if possible
What to do After being Hit by a Car on your Bicycle
- Call 911 and be sure to get a police report.
- Take note of any witnesses to the accident and get their information
- Take pictures of the crash
- Seek medical attention ASAP
- Call an experienced personal injury attorney
By following these steps, you can be better prepared if you ever find yourself or a loved one in a bicycle accident. By contacting a bicycle accident lawyer, they will give you the best chance at receiving maximum compensation for your injuries.
If you or a loved one is involved in a bicycle accident, car crash, motorcycle accident, or 18-wheeler wreck call Chhabra & Gibbs P.A. Our dedicated team of lawyers have over 130 years of combined experience. Our team is standing by 24/7 to answer your questions and get you the help you deserve. Contact us at 601-948-8005 for a FREE consultation. For more personal injury news visit msinjurylaw.com.