No menu items!

Slip and Fall in a Restaurant or Bar


A slip and fall in a restaurant or bar can you leave you in agonizing pain with lifelong injuries. It’s no surprise that 6.8 million people visit the emergency room for fall related injuries. It’s important to understand who should be held in a situation like this and how to file a slip and fall claim.

Who is Responsible:

Typically, the property owner would be responsible in a slip and fall case. The important thing to know is that you must be able to prove negligence in this case that the owner or manger knew of the dangerous situation and failed to make it safe. If this is true than it will be much easier to hold the property owner responsible for the injuries that occurred.

How to File a Claim:

In order to file a slip and fall claim it is important to do the following.

  • Report the incident to a manager or supervisor and have them write an incident report
  • Take pictures of the area and objects that made you fall
  • Collect information from any witnesses to the accident
  • Seek medical attention immediately
  • Contact a personal injury attorney

By following these steps, you will be better prepared to file a slip and fall claim with your attorney. Be sure to call an experienced premises liability lawyer as they will have the best chance at getting you maximum compensation for your injuries.

If you or a loved one had an injury at a business due to the negligence of an employee contact the dedicated lawyers at Chhabra & Gibbs P.A. Contact us at 601-948-8005 for a FREE confidential consultation.

Chhabra & Gibbs P.A. personal injury attorneys have over 130 years of combined experience dealing with all types of injury cases from premises liability to car accidents, 18-wheeler wrecks, workers’ comp, and more. Visit for additional personal injury news.

Share this article

Recent posts

Popular categories