No menu items!

I Was in a Car Wreck in Mississippi and the Accident Report is Wrong. What Can I Do?


We see people quite often who are concerned that a car accident report or Mississippi crash report is wrong. We have heard many explanations like the officer wouldn’t listen, the officer knew the other person and was friends with them, or even that the officer didn’t talk to you.

So, what can you do when the accident report is wrong? First, it is important to note that accident reports are not usually admissible in court, so what the it says should not matter. But it is unrealistic to just disregard a wrong accident report because insurance companies will throw them in your face and use them against you. They do not care whether the report is actually admissible.

The best and most effective way to address the problem is likely to file a lawsuit and take the deposition of the officer that worked the accident and filled out the information. A skilled and experienced personal injury lawyer in Mississippi should know the right questions to ask to clear up the discrepancies. A lawyer might also be able to persuade the officer to amend the accident report without litigation, but that is less likely. In some cases, injury lawyers in our office have been successful in persuading adjusters to disregard the accident report and pay the claim fairly without any litigation.

Rogen K. Chhabra

If you have been in a car wreck and the accident report is wrong, call Chhabra & Gibbs at 601-948-8005 for a free consultation today. It costs nothing to discuss your case with us. We will not pressure you to hire us. In fact, in some cases you do not even need us. We will be honest with you about that. But if you do need us, we still will not charge anything unless we get you a successful recovery. But do not wait, because as time passes, memories can be lost and even worse, your rights can be lost. There is no reason to delay.

Share this article

Recent posts

Popular categories