No menu items!

Slip and Falls and Premises Liability


Slip and falls are the second most likely cause of injury in America, but one of the most misunderstood. Whether it be work place injuries or premises liability at a place unrelated to your Mississippi work or business slip and falls are serious injuries and every measure should be taken to prevent them.


For a work related fall, the injured worker simply needs to prove they fell while on the job.


But for a claim where you fall at a business or someone else’s property, it can be a lot more complicated.  For a premises liability claim, you would need to prove fault on the premises owner.  In other words, just because you fell on someone else’s property, does not mean that they automatically have to pay.  You have to show property owner something wrong.  This is done through proving either actual or constructive notice of the dangerous condition. Actual notice can be proven by showing that an employee created the dangerous condition.  For example say an employee spilled a drink or was mopping and then just left it for you to fall in.  That would be actual notice.  However, most claims are proven by demonstrating constructive notice. This means the store owner should have known of the dangerous condition if they would have taken reasonable measures to prevent or inspect.  Proving how long the substance was there by showing that there were dirt tracks, or video evidence, or even that there was a worker stationed nearby are some of the ways you can prove that someone should have known and cleaned it up or put up a warning sign.


Slip and fall cases are difficult.  Many lawyers won’t take them.  But an established firm like ours at Chhabra & Gibbs, P.A. with extensive experience in working these cases up and trying them to verdict or getting favorable settlement will be glad to look at your Mississippi injury case.


Darryl M. Gibbs


Call the attorneys at Chhabra & Gibbs, P.A. if you have fallen at work or on a premises to determine your rights. You can contact us by calling 601-948-8005 or by using our live chat on our website. There is no fee to discuss your potential case with you.

Share this article

Recent posts

Popular categories